- The Websites with the URL of *utkalgaurav.org, (“Website/Site”) and SRF/UGF Lessons mobile
app or other services offered by Utkal Gaurav Foundation (collectively the “Services”) is
operated by Utkal Gaurav Foundation (“We/Our/Us/UGF”). We are committed to protecting and
respecting your privacy. We do collect your personal information and process your personal
data in accordance with the IT Act, 2000 (21 of 2000) and other national and state laws
which relate to the processing of personal data. Please read the following carefully to
understand our views and practices regarding your personal data. This policy sets out the
basis on which the personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, through
your availing or use of any of the programs, services, products, applications, software via
our website, mobile apps, and other digital media and offline when you attend our events,
make donations, volunteer or interact with us in some other way will be processed by us. By
utilizing our services and providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over
13 years of age and you consent to us using your data in the manner set out herein.
- We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our
products and services.
aware of any changes, please review this policy periodically.
- All partner firms and any third party working with or for Us, and who have access to
personal information, will be expected to read and comply with this policy. No third party
may access or process sensitive personal information held by Us without having first entered
into a confidentiality agreement.
By using our website and/or availing or use of any of the programs, services, products,
applications, software via our website, mobile apps, and/or other digital media; and/or when you
attend our events, make donations, volunteer or interact with us in any manner or whenever you
provide any data or information either online or offline, you hereby consent to our Privacy
Policy and agree to its terms.
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to
provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name,
email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and
any other information you may choose to provide.
In general, UGF collects and uses information about you
- User Supplied Data
- Registration Data (eNewsletter, Devotee Portal, Donations, Bookstore, Support,
Prayer Services, Counselling Services, Lesson Applications, Kendra/Ashram Portals,
UGF Voluntary League Portal, SRF/UGF Volunteer Portal, etc.)
- Subscription or Paid Service Data or Purchases (Devotee Portal, Bookstore,
Kendra/Ashram Portals, Mobile App)
- Information about other Individuals (Donations, Support, Bookstore)
- Information automatically tracked while navigation
stored on your computer’s main memory. These cookies are deleted after you
close the browser. Other cookies remain on your computer (long-term cookies)
and permit its recognition on your next visit. This allows us to improve
your access to our site. This helps us to learn more about your interests,
and provide you with essential features and services and for additional
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping cart.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve the content,
products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Our cookies allow you to take advantage of some of our essential features.
For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be
able to add items to your shopping basket, proceed to checkout, or use any
products or services that require you to sign in.
- Approved third parties also may set cookies when you interact with Our
Third parties include search engines, providers of measurement and
analytics services, social media networks, and advertising companies.
We use Google Analytics on the Site and Services to collect Usage Data
and to analyze how users use the Site and Services. The information
these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. The cookie
information we send to Google Analytics is not linked to personally
identifiable information and is not used to track users across websites
not owned by UGF. Further, we send only anonymized IP address
information to Google. For more information about how to opt-out of
having your information used by Google Analytics, visit
perform services on behalf of Us.
- You can prevent the storage of cookies by choosing a “disable cookies”
option in your browser settings. But this can limit the functionality of our
- We may also automatically collect information about your device and your use
of our Sites or Apps through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies:
your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click;
your IP address, MAC address, Unique Device Identifiers (UID), and other
persistent identifiers; the length of time you visit our Sites and or use
our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our
Sites. We use this information to monitor and improve our services, enhance
your experience and to enable us to provide you with an easier and more
personalized experience and level of service.
- Clear GIFs
Besides web beacons, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our
users to track which emails are opened by recipients. We use this information to
inter-alia to measure traffic within the Website / Service to improve the
Website / Service quality, functionality and interactivity and let advertisers
know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
If you correspond with UGF via telephone, e-mail, the postal service, or other
form of communication, we may retain any correspondence and the information
provided by you voluntarily / contained therein and use it to respond to your
inquiry, provide the services and/or share UGF news or other UGF-related
information with you. E-mail and postal address information is never sold,
given, or otherwise shared or disclosed to third parties except as set forth
herein. If you do not wish to receive notifications, you may express your
preference to not be so contacted by sending a letter, calling or e-mailing UGF
offices at the contact information below informing us of your preference.
- Log Files
UGF follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors
when they visit websites and is a part of hosting services’ analytics. The
information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses,
browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp,
referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. The purpose of the
information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’
movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
How we use your information
- We use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our
current products and services.
- We use the information collected through this website as described in this policy and we may
use your information to:
- Improve our services, Site and how we operate our products/services;
- Understand and enhance your experience using our Site, products and services;
- Personalize our products or services and make recommendations;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Process, manage, complete, and account for transactions;
- Provide customer support and respond to your requests, comments, and inquiries;
- Create and manage the online accounts you manage on our Website;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices,
updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events and news about products and
- We may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where
required by applicable law or regulation for the purposes of verification of
identity or for prevention, detection or investigation, including of cyber
incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences;
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
The name and address of donors and other donation details from Foreign Nationals are required to
be displayed in the public domain, as mandated by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
Please check the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Rules, 2015, and FCRA Notice, 21 June 2017
for any further information in this regard.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
you to consult the respective Privacy Policies of these third-party ad servers for more
detailed information. It may include their practices and instructions about how to opt-out
of certain options.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more
detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at
the browsers’ respective websites.
- Information about our user is an important part of our services and we take due care to
protect the same.
- We may share your data to complete any transaction or provide any product or service you
have requested or authorized. We also share data with:
Service providers who provide IT and Cloud services. web hosting services and related
- Our employees, volunteers, representatives, trainers, affiliates and subsidiaries
for the administration, management and organization of programs and provision of
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies to whom we are mandated to report under the applicable laws or have a
legal obligation to disclose.
- Payment processing providers who provide secure payment processing services
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. The
functions include but not limited to fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering
packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer
lists, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid
listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, product development, product
management, managing the infrastructure, and providing customer service.
- These third-party service providers may have access to personal information needed to
perform their functions.
- We release account and other personal information when we believe it is appropriate and
necessary to comply with the applicable laws, enforce or apply our conditions of use, and
other agreements, protect the rights, property or safety of Us, our users or others. This
includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection
and credit risk reduction.
- In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which
may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal
proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or
a governmental authority. We do not require any consent from you in order to share your data
in such circumstances and will comply as required by any legally binding request that is
made of us
Social Network Plugins
This Website incorporates plugins and/or buttons for social networks, in order to allow easy
sharing on your favourite social networks. These plugins are programmed so as not to set any
cookies when assessing the page to safeguard the privacy of users. Cookies may be set, if you
make voluntary use of the plugin. The collection and use of information obtained by means of the
plugin are governed by the respective privacy policies of the social networks.
- We take due care to protect customer data. Technical measures are in place to prevent
unauthorized or unlawful access to data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or
damage to, data. The employees who are dealing with the data have been trained to protect
the data from any illegal or unauthorized usage.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure
Socket Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. SSL allows sensitive
information such as credit card numbers, UID’s and login credentials to be transmitted
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling branded
credit cards from the major card schemes.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the
collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information.
- We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent
the loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure alteration and destruction. It is your
responsibility to protect your user names and passwords to help prevent anyone from
accessing or abusing your accounts and services. You should not use or reuse the same
passwords you use with other accounts as your password for our services.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your
computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared
- Information you provide to us is shared on our secure servers. We have implemented
appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures designed to secure your
information against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure.
In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and
other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
- Information collected from you will be stored for as long as necessary to fulfil the
purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal,
accounting, or reporting requirements under the applicable laws.
Links to Third Party Site/Apps
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites of third parties.
Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply
different terms to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any
responsibility or liability for these policies. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not share your personal data with third parties without your prior consent other than:
- With third parties who work on our behalf provided such third parties adhere to the data
protection principles set out in the IT Act, 2000 (21 of 2000) and other applicable
legislation, or enter into a written agreement with Us requiring that the third party
provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by such principles;
- To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- To protect the rights and property of Us, our agents, customers, and others including to
- In an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person
By accessing our Sites or using our Apps you consent to make certain Personal Information
available in public. For instance any information posted to a public testimonial or a public
discussion forum, or any photo, or other content posted in a public forum, will be accessible to
other users and the general public.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California users have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and
specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise
any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of
these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
For European nationals, we would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data
protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following to the extent permissible under the
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may
charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information
you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the
information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the
processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your
personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that
we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of
these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can see more about these rights here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/eu-data-protection-rules_en
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data
protection authority, (see https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-
Your data protection authority can provide further information about your rights and our
obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have
about our processing of your personal data.
Processing in various countries
UGF and its affiliates may be located in India and other countries of the world. Please be aware
that when you provide your Personal Information, visit our Sites, use our Apps or communicate
with us, you may be transferring your Personal Information to other countries. Thus, your
Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or
databases located outside your state, province, or country. The laws in those countries may not
be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you
are agreeing that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and
communications will be governed by the applicable laws in those countries.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We
encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their
utkalgaurav.org does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children
under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our
website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to
promptly remove such information from our records.
Your Information Choices and Changes
- You can also make choices about the collection and processing of your data by Us. You can
access your personal data and opt-out of certain services provided by Us. In some cases,
your ability to control and access to your data will be subject to applicable laws.
- You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Us by following the instructions in
those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails
about our ongoing business relationship. You may also send requests about your preferences,
changes, and deletions to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your
personal information with third parties by sending an email to the email address provided at
the bottom of this document.
Changes to This Policy
We may change this policy from time to time without notice. If we make any changes to this
policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. You agree that your continued use of our
services after such changes have been published to our services will constitute your acceptance
of such revised policy.
APPLICATION OF INDIAN LAWS
event of any conflict between the requirements and compliances of international legislations and
Indian law, Indian law will prevail and we will work to find a practical solution, if possible,
If you have any concern about privacy or grievances with us, please contact us with a thorough
description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
UTKAL GAURAV FOUNDATION
Phone: + 91-7002663100
— End of Policy —